The District Executive Committee
The District Executive Committee exists to support the District Commissioner in meeting his/her responsibilities and to provide support for Scout Groups and Explorer Scout Units in the District.
In particular the Executive Committee is responsible for:-
- promoting the development of Scouting in the District and arranging for harmonious co-operation with other organisations;
- acting in all matters relating to District finance and property, including Explorer Scout Units;
- appointing a District Appointments Advisory Committee and a Chairman of such a sub-Committee;
- appointing other sub-Committees and their chairmen as the Committee may require;
- supervising the administration of Groups, particularly in relation to finance and the trusteeship of property;
- attending to District administration, particularly: matters relating to Leader Warrants; the appointment of Helpers and Skills Instructors,
- Administrators and Advisers; registrations, membership of the Movement, appointing a Badge Secretary for the District;
- the presentation of an Annual Report and annual statement of accounts to the Annual General Meeting of the District Scout Council.